Mogadishu, 28 Jan 2015, (Qalin) - Prime Minister Omar Abdirashid Ali Sharmarke has appointed a new council of ministers following extensive consultation with the President, Speaker of the Parliament, Members of Parliament and key stakeholders within the Somali society.
"Today I announce the appointment of the ministers following deliberations with
multiple stakeholders. I’m confident in the composition of the council and in their
individual and collective capabilities to deliver on the aspirations of the Somali
people,” said Prime Minister Sharmarke during the announcement.
He also called on the Members of Parliament to express and extend confidence in the
cabinet as they take on the arduous task of implementing key legislative and policy
priorities in line with Vision 2016.
"While I do not have the slightest reservation in the capabilities of the new
cabinet, I’d like to remind other stakeholders in this process that the task ahead
of us is no easy one and the clock is ticking,” stated Prime Minister Sharmarke
adding that the goodwill of the Somali people could not be taken for granted.
The list of deputy and state ministers will also be announced shortly with Prime
Minister Sharmarke reiterating his administration’s vision to remain in touch with
the sentiments of the public, build consensus and make resolute decisions.
"The appointments made tonight are a clear manifestation in our relentless effort to
defend public interest, offer a better alternative for the Somali people and firmly
etch Somalia on the path of stability and progress,” concluded Prime Minister
The names of the new Cabinet members are as follows:
1. Mahamed Omar Arte Deputy Prime Minister and Ministry of Youth, Spopts and Labor
2. Ahmed Hasan Gabobe Ministry of Justice and Religious Afairs
3. Abdirahman Mahamed Xusein Ministry of Interior and Federal Affairs
4. Mahamed Adan "Fargeti” Ministry of Finance
5. Abdulkadir Sh. Ali Dini Ministry of Defense
6. Abdisalan Hadliye Omar Ministry of Foreign Affairs
7. Kadra Bashir Ali Ministry of Education
8. Fahad Yasin Haji Dahir Ministry of Ports and Marine Transport
9. Abdirahman Yusuf Ali Aynte Ministry of Planning and International
10. Nur Farah Hirsi Ministry of Constitutional Affairs
11. Ali Ahmed Jama "Jangali" Ministry of Transport and Civil Aviation
12. Guled Husein Kasim Ministry of Information, Posts and Telecommunication
13. Ali Hasan Osman Ministry of Agriculture
14. Hasan Ahmed Mudey Ministry of Commerce and Industry
15. Salah Sh. Osman Muse Ministry of Public Works and Reconstruction
16. Sahra Mahamed Ali Samatar Ministry of Women and and Human Rights
17. Mahamed Mukhtar Ibrahim Ministry of Fisheries and Marine Resources
18. Abdirisak Omar Mahamed Ministry of Petroleum, Watar and Mineral Resources and
19. Said Husein Eid Ministry of Livestock, Forestry and Range
20. Hawo Hasan Mahamed Ministry of Health
**Omar Abdirashid Ali Sharmarke, Prime Minister of Somalia**